2017 JAMBOREE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
This is the place to sign up for the 2017 National Jamboree!
Before applying to the Mohegan Council Contingent please consider the following:
- The total cost for the event has not yet been determined, still working on transportation costs, but please note that the cost is $1,750.
- After applying through the national website you will be either accepted or declined by Mohegan Council. Expect to be contacted by Mohegan after submitting your application.
- Once you have been accepted to the Council Contingent you will need to submit $175 to reserve your place in the contingent. This is non-refundable.
- Remember that by applying for this opportunity you are also applying to serve as a representative of Mohegan Council. Our expectation is that you will conduct yourself according to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Please review the qualifications listed below
SCOUT PARTICIPANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Scouts and team members MUST have a current BSA membership with a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team.
- MUST be at least a First Class Scout.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade, but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Filed a BSA Health & Medical Record with their council within one year of attending the Jamboree. (The local council will provide specifics closer to the Jamboree.)
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
Directions for applying
To submit a NEW application, you will need your My.Scouting username and password. If you do not have a My.Scouting account, please go toMy.Scouting.org and follow the directions to create an account.
If you need technical support, call Member Care Services at (972) 580-2489.
A handful of things to be sure of:
- The My.Scouting account needs to be in the name of the person attending the Jamboree, not the parent/guardian that is completing the application for a youth participant.
- The My.Scouting account you use should also be linked to your current BSA membership number.
- The membership number that you linked to your Jamboree application will be linked to the entire process, including your BSA Health & Medical Record.
- All applicants must have a current, non-expired, BSA membership.
- Use Chrome, Firefox or IE 10 or above to access the Jamboree application. Other browsers may not be compatible with this system.
Important information for Mohegan Council Contingency: General Information – Jamboree 2017
Packet includes information on payment plans and other key information for your adventure to NSJ 2017