Unit Activities- Supported by the Audubon Society
- Friday afternoons after July 4, from 2 – 5 there is a free drop in canoeing opportunity at the Green Hill Park Pond near the Vietnam War Memorial. All are welcome.
- Another drop in canoeing program will be conducted on Saturday May 6th from 2 – 4 on Coes Reservoir from the Mill St Beach area.
- The annual Bird A thon week end- 24 hours from 6:00 pm Friday May 12th to 6 pm Saturday May 13th
- The annual Butterfly Festival will be held on Saturday August 12th
Other Unit Activities-
- June 3 from 10AM to 1PM, “Hike the Heart” on Worcester’s East- West Trail. Join Park Spirit in celebrating National Trails Day by hiking the 4-5 mile eastern section of the East-West Trail. The hike will start at 409 N. Lake Ave, Worcester, then proceed on the trail along Coal Mine Brook. Last year the group saw a deer and her fawn, wild turkeys and their young along this trail. For details on a shorter option (approx. 2.5 miles) e-mail email@example.com. The majority of the hike is natural trail. Wear your hiking boots if you have them, tick spray, water and snacks are also recommended. Packs & Dens to provide their own adult supervision.
- June 3 and 4, Old Sturbridge Village will hold its “Great Scout Camp Out.” Date: Saturday, June 3 5:30 pm to 9:30 am on June 4. BBQ dinner, evening activities and continental breakfast included. Cost: Before May 15: $50 per person for members; $60 for non-members. For more information: https://www.osv.org/event/great-scout-camp-out
- Deb Cary of the Broad Meadow Brook Reservation has several service project options. For more information she can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org