Sunday April 30 found over 80 Mill Town Scouters joining together for the Annual District Awards Dinner. We were joined by Robert Shamgosian, Mohegan Council Commissioner, Charlie Thompson, Mohegan Council VP of Funds Development, and Tom Chamberland, Mohegan Council VP of Program.
Mill Town conformed to the BSA guidelines with the formation of a Nominating Committee, chaired by Mike Mahan, COR for Troop 338 Charlton. Mike was joined by Tya Buie, Committee Chair for Pack 239 Ware and Tim Josti, Jr., Cubmaster for Pack 148 East Brookfield. These dedicated volunteers enabled us to present qualified volunteers for election at the annual general meeting and will serve for the upcoming year as the Mill Town Nominating Committee.
Mill Town District is proud to announce the election of Brian J. Anders as the 2017 District Chair and Brian Beck as the 2017 District Commissioner. Please take a moment to congratulate them! Furthemore, Mill Town voted to accept the slate of 18 Members At Large.
Under the guidance of Erik Coldwell, Activities Chair, the Awards Dinner had an international theme with an eclectic mix of fayre. Mill Town awarded 16 Sparkplug Awards to volunteers who were nominated by their units for outstanding service. In addition several awards were received:
- Kente Cloth awarded to David Harelson – presented by Wanda Homme
- Stephen Howe Award awarded to Timothy Josti, Jr. – presented by Andy McCrillis
- Harold King Teamwork Award was awarded to Charlie Harris and Barbara McCall – presented by Scott Despres and Victor Irr
- District Award of Merit awarded to Andy McCrillis – presented by Brian Anders
- District Award of Merit awarded to Tammy Bodwell – presented by Jill Patnode-Krause
The 2018 Annual District Awards Dinner will take place on Sunday, April 29 – mark your calendars!