Race cars will be rolling and fans will be cheering as Cubs do their best with their Pinewood Derby cars. In addition to the races, there will be fun activities for boys and family members to enjoy.
The race is open to all Cub Scouts (Lions through Arrow of Light) who are from Packs in the Mohegan Council. The top eight placed winners from each Pack’s Pinewood Derby event will qualify for the Council Grand-Prix held on March 24, 2018. Arrow of Light cross-overs will be allowed to race if they raced in the Pack’s PWD. If some of the Pack’s top eight are unable to attend the event, at the Pack’s discretion lower placing cars may run in their place. A maximum of 8 cars from any unit can race. Cars must be constructed for this year’s race. Cars made in previous years are not permitted. The car raced in the Council event must be the same car raced in the Pack event. No modifications are allowed to the car between the Pack event and the Council event. Each Pack must appoint an adult leader to collect the winners’ cars after the Pack derby. This will prevent any modifications between the Pack event and the Council event.
Packs should deliver all cars on Friday March 23rd from 6:30-8:00PM at the Wachusett Regional High School. Racers do not need to attend the registration; one representative from each pack can register all the cars.
Packs must be PRE-registered by March 7th on Tentaroo. Registration must be completed by March 1. Walk-ins will not be accepted and “paying at the door” is NOT allowed. Each Pack should name their racer’s on Tentaroo.
Pack Registration Instructions
- Login to your Tentaroo Account
- Create a new Event Registration for “Pinewood Derby Grand Prix”
- Select the number of youth participating (Max 8).
- Select number of adults attending (at least 2).
- Add New Youth Registrations for each Cub Scout attending.
- OR Proceed to Check-Out and return any time before the event to add Scouts to the registration, if you do not have their names yet.
- Check-Out online via Credit/Debit or eCheck.
- OR Leave your registration in your cart and come to the Mohegan Council Service Center to pay via physical check, cash or Unit Account.
- OR e-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Scout Shop at 508-752-3769 to have your cart checked-out using your Unit Account.
- Entry into Mohegan Pinewood Derby Grand Prix
- 2018 Grand Prix Patch
- Trophy for Top 3 Overall Finishers
- Trophy for Top 3 Finishers from each District, Quinsigamond and Million
- Scouting Skills activity stations during the event
- Break for lunch time TBD.
- Bring your own packed lunch and/or
- Snack Shack will also be available for purchase of hot dogs, drinks and snacks.
- Volunteers are needed for Check-in, Pit Stop crew and Track teams. Please email event lead Dawn Ertel if you can assist.