Each year in Central Massachusetts, Scouts sell over $400,000 of popcorn products. More than 70% of which comes back to support Scouting with about one third going to the unit (pack, troop, crew or post) to support the program for the year ahead and one third to Mohegan Council to support Scouting programs and activities.
In addition to supporting local Scouting, Scouts can earn their way to camp! All registered members of the Mohegan Council are eligible to participate in the annual Popcorn Sale, and while most units opt to coordinate their own sale, resources are available at the Council Service Center for lone-selling-Scouts. (See tab below for lone-selling-Scout information)
In addition to earning prizes, Scouts have a ton of fun selling popcorn, and gain some valuable experience with communicating with people. They also develop self-confidence and money-management skills.
Unit Incentive Program
All Mohegan Council units (Packs, Troops, Crews, and Posts), are eligible to participate in the Unit Incentive Program to earn up to 33% of their unit’s sales, on top of individual seller prizes! The basis of the program is that the unit conducts their own sale, and has a designated Unit Popcorn Kernel. The Kernel is the person in the unit who organizes the unit’s sale, collects orders from Scouts, and submits orders via the online system.
All registered youth members of the Mohegan Council are eligible to participate in the annual Popcorn Sale. If a unit is not participating in the Unit Incentive Program, a Scout may choose to be a lone-selling Scout. He may pickup sale materials at the Council Service Center as well as return his completed order forms and money when he is done selling. Scouts will sell take-order style only. However will be considered on a case by case basis if he has a substantial plan, to sign out Show & Sell popcorn and to have an Online Selling ID created for him.
If he is in need of assistance or advice, he should, with the assistance of his parent or guardian, contact his Area Kernel.
- Prizes will be ordered on a paper form at the time he drops off his order forms.
- Payment must be in full at the time the Scout turns in his order. Scouts wishing to allow customers to pay upon delivery must front those funds with full recourse.
- Scouts can use the provided “Thank You” cards to give customers confidence they will receive their order.
- Popcorn will be picked up at the final distribution day, November 10.
See the Resources tab below for selling tips and helpful tools.
- The Corn
- Mohegan Council is proud to once again partner with Pecatonica River Popcorn for product sales!
- New $10 price-point option to encourage additional sales.
- The Prizes
- Haven taken unit feedback into consideration, a new prize program has been developed that we think will please!
- Prizes will still be ordered online, by Unit Kernels. Lone-selling-Scouts will submit a paper form.
- The Incentives
- Cub Scout & Boy Scout Top Sellers receive a one night stay for 4 at Great Wolf Lodge!*
- Every unit participating in the UIP will have a $5 Gift Card to The Post at Treasure Valley Scout Reservation raffled between all selling Scouts.
- Every Unit Top Seller participating in the UIP receives a special 2018 Popcorn Council Strip Patch (CSP)
- Council Top 25 Sellers (including lone-selling-Scouts) are invited to a special meet n’greet before being called out on the ice at the Railer’s Game!
- All sellers over $600 receive 2 free tickets the Worcester Railer’s hockey game on TBD
Pam & Russ Tavares
Council Popcorn Co-Chairs
P: 508.752.3769 ext. 31
- 2018 Prize Flyer
- Printable Take Order Form
- Scout Boss (Unit Management)
- Unit Prize Order Form
- Unit Kernel Playbook
- Wear Class A Uniform.
- Have an order form and pen ready.
- Have product in hand if you can, and know answers to common questions.
- Always ask customers if they can help support Scouting!
- Direct-Donations made during sales should be put toward Military Donations.
Click an event to view details
- Boylston, Shrewsbury
- Jim Lavallee
- Grafton, Upton, Northbridge
- April Lane
- Worcester, Millbury, Sutton
- Scott Despres
- E. Brookfield, N. Brookfield, Brookfield, Spencer
- Rutland, Holden
- Amy Phelps
- Ware, Warren, West Brookfield
- Kim Hartman
- Oakham, Paxton, West Boylston
- Douglas, Webster, Dudley
- Southbridge, Sturbridge, Charlton
- Jay Decelle
- Leicester, Auburn
- Pam & Russ Tavares
The Mohegan Council will keep a limited stock of popcorn throughout the sale. Should a Lone-selling Scout wish to conduct a Show & Sell, he may sign-out popcorn on a discretionary basis. Units and Scouts requesting S&S product during the sale should contact the Staff Advisor directly at .
- Prize recipients may choose one eligible prize from any prize level at or below the dollar amount matching their individual sales.
- No prize is guaranteed to be available. All prizes can and will be substituted with an item of equal value as necessary.
- Prizes are non-transferable. Prizes are intended for the sole seller of the sale.
- Total sales between two sellers may not be combined.
- Take-Order Form*
- Show & Sell Tips
- Scout Sale Planning Sheet
- Product Brochure
- Product Flyers*
- Door Hanger*
- Thank You Card*
- Military Donation Certificate*
- Unit Kernel Playbook
- Popcorn Sale Master Records Worksheet
- Cover Letter for Cub Scouts
- Cover Letter for Boy Scouts / Venturers / Explorers
- Advancement Opportunities
- Prize Flyer
- Kickoff Presentation
- Product Transfer Form
- Grandfathered Scholarship Form