Throughout our service area, every year, our Scouts sell over $400,000 of popcorn products. Of this amount, more than 70% comes back to support Scouting with about one third going to the unit (pack, troop, crew or post) to support the program for the year ahead and one third to the council for operational support.
The annual popcorn sale contributes 10% of the annual operating budget of the Mohegan Council. Your council uses these funds to provide recruitment support, training, administrative support, camping services, registration and advancement support, marketing support and professional staff.
Scouts Earn their Own Way to Camp In addition to helping the council and individual units meet their financial needs, scouts who sell popcorn can earn awards and money towards college funds. Also, scouts who worked hard during the popcorn sale can even earn camp vouchers applicable to their summer camp costs at Treasure Valley. The scouts that earn camp vouchers can take $100 off of the cost to camp OR even earn a free week of camp!
In addition to earning awards, Scouts have a ton of fun selling popcorn, and gain some valuable experience with communicating with people. They also develop self-confidence and money-management skills.
2017 Key Highlights & Incentives
- Pecatonica River Popcorn continues as our product supplier this year – with some new choices!
- Popcorn in 2017
- Initial Unit Commission starts at 25%
- Units can earn up to 33%!
- Prizes will still be shipped directly to Unit Kernels!
- Online Prize Ordering!
- All prize ordering will be done through national at www.BSAPrizeMania.org (see slides under Resources for more information).
- For MORE prizes from Pecatonica, including the $2,500 Circle please also refer to the slides.
- Council Strip Patches & Camperships!
- $1000 in sales earns a Scout the $1000 Club CSP and $100 credit toward a week of camp at TVSR.
- $2000 in sales earns a Scout the exclusive “I earned my way to camp” CSP, and a FREE week of camp at TVSR.
- Fill-a-Sheet program!
- All Scouts who Fill a Sheet will receive two tickets to a Worcester Railers Hockey Game at the DCU Center and a 2017 Mohegan Council Pop Star Dangle Patch!
- Throughout the sale, for each filled order sheet sent in, scouts will receive tickets for a drawing to be held at the end of the sale.
- A Grand Prize drawing will be held at the end of the sale for a 24″ Smart TV! All filled sheets turned into the Council Office during the sale will be entered into this drawing, more sheets means more chances to win!
- Top Seller Programs
- Each unit’s Top Seller (by dollar amount) will receive a special edition of the 2017 Pop-Star Dangle Patch, only one per unit!
- The Council-Wide Cub-Scout AND Boy Scout Top Seller (by dollar amount) will receive a mountain bike from Fritz’s Bicycle Shop in Worcester.
- The overall runner-up top-seller in the Council will receive a 24″ Smart TV.
- Each District top-seller (excluding the over-all top sellers) will receive a 24” Smart TV.
- Top 25 Dinner
- On March 24, 2018, a dinner will be held for the Top 25 Sellers (by dollar amount) of the Council!
- Kernal Contact Information
- 2017 Schedule
- Commission Plan
- The Popcorn
- Submitting your Full Sheets
- Deb McMillen - Council Kernel
- 508-596-6536 Call or Text
- Kelly Stickney - Assistant Council Kernel
- Dave Hardies - Assistant Council Kernel
- Boylston, Shrewsbury
- Rutland, Holden
- Oakham, Paxton, West Boylston
- Spencer, Worcester
- Douglas, Webster, Dudley
Pam and Russ Tavares
- Southbridge, Sturbridge, Charlton, Leicester, Auburn
- Oxford, Millbury, Sutton
- Ware, Warren, West Brookfield
- Grafton, Upton, Northbridge
- Andy McCrillis
- E Brookfield, N. Brookfield, Brookfield
Attend the kick-off, and (run a unit blitz or run a show-n-sell)
Average $110+ in popcorn sales per registered scout
Average $185+ in popcorn sales per registered scout
Average $260+ in popcorn sales per registered scout
New selling Units that sell at least $1,000
$10 - $20
- Trail Mix
- Yellow Popping Corn (Kernals)
- Classic Caramel Corn
- Cheddar Cheese
- Jalapeno Cheese
- Butter (Microwave Pop)- 18 Pack
- Kettle Corn (Microwave Pop) - 18 Pack
$20 - $25
- Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Mud Puddles
- Peanut Butter Cup
- Caramel with Sea Salt
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
$35 - $50
- Classic Trio (Natural, Classic Caramel, Cheddar Cheese)
- Cheese Lovers (Cheddar Cheese, Jalapeno Cheese, Buffalo Ranch, White Cheddar)
- Chocolate Lovers (Caramel Treasures, Mint Treasures, White Ruby, Peanut Butter Cup, Coconut Rain)
Military Donations - $30/$50
- Allows customers to purchase popcorn for the men and women serving our country and support Scouting at the same time.
- Each initial sheet per scout will receive a Pop Star Patch and two tickets to the Popcorn Celebration -The Worcester Railers Hockey game on January 20, 2018.
- Every filled sheet will be worth up to 10 tickets that will be entered into a drawing for some awesome prizes. These drawings will occur at the end of the sale.
- Week 1 8/17-8/25 : 10 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 2 8/26-9/1 : 10 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 3 9/2-9/8 : 8 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 4 9/9-9/15 : 7 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 5 9/16-9/22 : 6 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 6 9/23-9/29 : 5 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 7 9/30-10/6 : 4 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 8 10/7-10/13 : 3 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 9 10/14-10/20 : 2 tickets per filled sheet
- Week 10 10/21-10/30 : 2 ticket per filled sheet