If you have any questions about registration or new procedures please read the information below. If you have not been able to answer your question please contact the council office or Ian Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ Section is at the bottom of the page! If you have any questions please send them our way!
Please watch videos full-screen an in High Quality.
Online Registration Quick Steps
If registering with a UNIT account:
- Sign in with assigned email and password
- Select “Add Event Registration”
- Select the week of Camp that you would like your unit to attend
- Boy Scouts Only: To reserve a campsite you will need to put down a headcount please select a rough estimate of the number of boys planning to attend. For more information please see Campsite Reservations below.
- Select the boys from your roster that are planning to attend
- Be sure that all necessary information has been completed. *If you need more info you may stop at any time and all registrations will be left in your account until you return*
- Once you have completed selecting Scouts for registration you will be prompted with the option to pay in full, partial, or defer payment
- To pay in full you will need a credit card able to pay off the balance of your registration.
- To complete a partial payment you will need a credit card and will have the ability to pay whatever amount you would like.
- To defer payment – in most cases this will be available and will allow you to come to the Council Office and pay by check.
- FINAL NOTE: REGISTRATIONS DO NOT GO THROUGH UNTIL SOME FORM OF PAYMENT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED.
If registering as an individual/family:
- On the right side of the page you will see a section for “Create a new account”
- Select the event that you are registering for and follow the steps to create a new account.
- When selecting “Account Type” please select “Family” so as to avoid creating duplicate unit accounts.
- Once you have created a family account you will need to add your Scouts to the roster. Please be sure to fill out all of the important and required information.
- Follow the steps for the unit registration to complete your registration.
Campsite Reservations – Boy Scout Resident Camp
In the past we have collected a $200 deposit from units in order to reserve a campsite for the following year. For example, during the 2015 season we collected reservations for the 2016 season. This process has now changed with our registration system.
Campsite Reservations for the 2017 season will open on JUNE 26TH 2016. To book a reservation for the 2017 season please see the information below:
- To book a campsite sign into Tentaroo with your UNIT ACCOUNT.
- Select Boy Scout Resident Camp. Choose the week that you would like to attend.
- Upon selecting your week you will be asked to put down a deposit based on the number of Scouts that you anticipate in attendance for the 2017 Season.
- This is similar to our old procedure where we asked for a minimum and maximum number of scouts.
- On the second tab of this page you will see “Campsites”
- Please choose your top 3 choices. You may choose the same campsite three times if you wish.
- We will do our best to match units with their preferred site but the ONLY way that we will guarantee a campsite:
- Your deposit covers $25 per person of 40% of the campsite occupancy. For example, if a campsite holds 30 boys you must have 12 boys reserved.
- If you have reserved less than 40% your campsite is not guaranteed.
- All deposits are applied towards your TOTAL UNIT BALANCE.
- If you do not need the number of spots you have reserved your deposit will still be applied to your balance thus reducing your total due. However, you may be moved to another site or asked to share your site.
- In the case of two units selecting the same site for the same week, the UNIT with more spots reserved will be given preference.
- Once you have paid your deposit you may consider your reservation complete and should there be any issues a representative will contact you.
We do not anticipate any issues with the change in procedure for campsite reservations. This new system does not necessarily mean that units will be asked to leave “historical” campsites. We understand that it requires a unit to put down a greater deposit for the next season but please know all deposits are deferred, as they have been, and may be refunded at any time. We do not anticipate any issues with the change in procedure for campsite reservations.
In addition, please know that this policy has been put in place due to the Tentaroo system requirements and an overall capacity issue at TVSR. For many years we have had small units in large sites thus limiting outside or new units. Our hope is that this procedure will be beneficial to all.
PLEASE NOTE: The $200 paid to reserve your campsite for 2016 may be applied to your final payment. If you choose to pay the entire balance for your unit online then you will receive a credit to your Tentaroo unit account. This may be used for future registrations. If you would like that $200 to be applied to your Summer Camp invoice please leave at least a $200 balance on your account. In order to have this credit applied please call the Council Service Center.
In order to have a popcorn voucher or campership applied to your unit or individual invoice you will need to come to the Council Service Center. A Council staff member is the only person able to apply this discount and it cannot be done over the phone. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Advancement and Blue Cards – Boy Scouts Only
After you have paid your deposit and selected which boys are coming to camp you will have the option to select merit badge classes for individual boys. We recommend that you print out copies of the Merit Badge Schedule, available online, and have the boys select classes before beginning this stage.
The system is designed so that you cannot sign up for classes at the same time. After selecting the first class all other classes from that time period are removed from the list. This will help reduce conflicting classes.
Special programs like BSI, COPE, Kodiak Adventure, etc. are located on the classes tabs and will allow you to sign your boys up for these types of programs as well. Also, please note some classes/activities are open to adults. Adult specific training have also been uploaded and adults may be added to these classes as well.
To register for Specialty week programs simply sign your Scouts up for those program elements/classes/Merit Badges while completing the registration process. If your Scout is attending as a Provisional the same process applies.
PLEASE NOTE: All classes have limited spots for online registration. Additional spots have been reserved for last minute changes or additions. These changes can be made at the Find out Fair on Sunday evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the discounted Provisional rate?
Provisional campers must be registered through a Family account in order to receive the discounted rate. When registering, select “Provisional Campsite”.
How does the leadership ratio work with the system? – Boy Scout Resident Camp
This one is subtle! The system does this automatically according to our Leader Ratio. It will automatically not charge you for the appropriate amount of adults. Once you’ve registered more adults than our ratio allows, the $100 charge per additional adult will be added. 2 Adults are included on all registrations, plus one additional free adult per 10 youth over 20.
Will my cross-overs be on my roster? – Boy Scout Resident Camp
No, unfortunately they will not. The system is connected to our membership system but is only updated once every couple of months. You will need to manually input these Scouts onto your roster for summer camp. Once we update the system they will be automatically updated as well.
Which account should Cub Scouts/Packs register for Camp? – Cub Scout Adventure Camp
The system allows for a great amount of flexibility! If a Pack would like to organize their registration (Collect fees, register scouts, make payments) then the Unit Account is the best way to register. A Unit leader can sign the boys up as a Unit and make payments as a Unit. The other option is to have families create Family Accounts and register Scouts independently. In this way parents can pay as best works for them and the Unit does not need to collect any funds. Whatever works best for the unit!